The customer hereby rents bicycles from Electric Bike Trails Ltd, subject to all terms and conditions of this agreement:
- Electric bike Trails Ltd rents bikes by prior booking online or in the bike shop.
- The rented equipment will be delivered and collected to/from the customer’s hotel or accommodation or any other place previously appointed within 10 km at no additional charge. Delivery and pick-up of bicycles can be requested from other locations at a minimal charge. (Please note – this condition and condition No 3 re collection and delivery service is suspended during Covid 19 Pandemic)
- The bicycles will be delivered and picked up on the day and time according to the booking or rental agreement. Customer delays, both on delivery and pick up of bikes, without notifying Electric Bike Trails Ltd, will result in an additional charge.
- At the end of the rental period the customer must return the bicycles to an Electric Bike Trails Ltd representative, and should never leave the bicycle at any place without previously notifying Electric Bike Trails Ltd about the situation. Failure to do so will leave the customer liable for damage, lose or theft of the rented bicycles.
RESERVATION, PAYMENT, DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION
- Online booking is recommended. Availability is open up to 12 hours before the date, but 2 to 3 days in advance is advisable in summer season. However, if the customer needs a bike on the same day he/she may call (+353) 87 7386439 or 086 8288747 to check for availability.
- Online booking is through a secure Stripe payment platform. On the day bookings may be paid by card payment through SumUp payment service or cash on collection of the bikes for the complete rental period reserved.
- The customer signing the rental contract must be over 18 years old. Under aged customers must be accompanied by an adult.
- On collection of the bike/s the customer must read, accept and sign the rental agreement. The customer will be asked his/her credit card details as a guarantee deposit for the rented equipment. At the end of the rental period, the customer accepts a charge for any missing or broken items at market prices. If the customer prefers not to leave his/her credit card details, Electric Bike Trails Ltd will accept a cash deposit and the amount will be fixed when signing the rental contract. Photographic ID (passport, driving licence or National Identity Card for EU-Citizens) is not acceptable as a deposit. The deposit will be refunded if the rented equipment is returned in the same conditions it was procured. If the missing or broken items exceed the deposit amount, the customer must settle the balance.
- Cancellation more than a week in advance will incur a 15% administration fee. Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date – 50% refund. Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date and time or no show – no refund.
- No refund will be made for early return of the bicycles.
- The rented bicycles and equipment may only be used by the designated customer as mentioned in the Rental Contract.
- The customer is obliged to take good care of the rented equipment and to protect it from damage, loss or theft. In case of damage, loss or theft of the bicycle/s, components or any of its parts, Electric Bike Trails Ltd will charge the customer the full cost of the missing items at market prices.
- The customer is obliged to lock the bicycle/s properly at all times when unattended, passing the lock through the frame and attaching the bike(s) to something fixed to the ground like a post or fence, if allowed, or else, a bicycle parking. It is highly recommended to keep the bikes secured at all times specially during over-night rentals.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Electric Bike Trails Ltd has procured itself with proper third party liability insurance coverage of the bicycle rental activity.
- The customer is responsible for adequate personal insurance coverage for risks that may occur during the rental period. Electric Bike Trails Ltd is not liable for any claims for body injury or harm, accidents, damage caused to third person property or loss of personal belonging caused by weather, sickness, or any other causes whatsoever beyond the control of Electric Bike Trails Ltd.
- The customer and his/her group must respect Irish traffic regulations and understand “Rules of Bicycle Safety”. Any ticket or fine due to incorrect use of the bicycle will be completely assumed by the customer.
- Electric Bike Trails bike rental is on the basis that the customer and his/her group can cycle and are medically fit to undertake this activity.
- Exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be the Republic of Ireland. This contract shall be governed by Irish law.